New York News
Brooklyn boy hit by car dies
NEW YORK -- The family of a 2-year-old Brooklyn boy struck by a car that jumped the curb in East Flatbush last Saturday night says the child has died.
Relatives told Eyewitness News reporter Kemberly Richardson that Denim McLein passed away Thursday night at the hospital.
Both Denim and his mother, Wendy McLein, were among 12 people were injured when the car drove onto the sidewalk and into scaffolding.
Wendy McLein, who owns a nightclub in Bedford-Stuyvesant called Denim's Cafe, is still at King County Hospital and is expected to undergo surgery Friday. Both of her legs were crushed in the accident.
Relatives say she does not yet know about Denim's passing.
Police said the driver told investigators that her brakes failed before she went through a red light at Utica and Church avenues and jumped the curb around 6:30 p.m.
The driver passed a breathalyzer test and was not charged.
new york city, east flatbush, brooklyn, pedestrian struck, new york news
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across Chicago area 50 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV 1 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton 26 min ago
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina 26 min ago
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen 24 min ago
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across...
50 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes...
1 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos