New York News
Man killed by subway train on Upper West Side
NEW YORK -- A man has been struck and killed by a subway train on Manhattan's Upper West Side.
The accident happened at about 7 o'clock Saturday morning.
Police say the man was hit by a southbound D train, at the 72nd Street and Central Park West subway station.
EMS responded and took the man to St. Luke's Hospital, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
The victim has been identified as 58-year old John Williams of West 175th Street.
new york city, upper west side, subway, new york news
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes 6 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- 7 in :77
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park...
6 min ago