New York News
Andre Neverson: Most Wanted fugitive in New York City
NEW YORK -- The New York Police Department and U.S. Marshals have released updated photos of the most wanted fugitives in New York City.
A family's plea to solve the cold case of their daughter, viciously murdered nearly 11 years ago, and the detective determined to put the case to rest before he retires.
"He's absolutely dangerous," said Detective Ed Murray.
Murray feels as though he's chasing a ghost after he says Andre Neverson dropped off the radar screen.
But to the parents of Donna Davis, Andre Neverson is hauntingly real.
"He's a monster in human form," said Clyde Davis, the victim's father.
Donna's body was found dumped in a vacant lot in Brooklyn in July of 2002, three days after the graduate student tried to break off a relationship with Neverson.
"It's like something is missing in me. I was so close to Donna," said Daisy Davis, the victim's mother. She adds, "It doesn't go away, it's like it was yesterday."
The burly ex-con, who'd served time for attempted murder, allegedly shot Donna in the head, hours after killing his own sister, then essentially vanished.
"We followed up every lead. Hundreds of leads," adds Murray.
Detective Murray is assigned to the U.S. Marshals.Joint Regional fugitive task force, and has headed up the hunt for Neverson for ten years.
"I've been all over the East Coast from Florida to Massachussetts. He could be anywhere," he said.
He's poured over home videos.
"He kind of walks from side to side, like a duck," he adds.
Murray knows everything about the accused killer.
"He's a lady's man. loves cars, in particular BMW's, and he lives for money," adds Murray.
He just doesn't know where to find him.
"Somebody has to know something, and somebody knows him, somebody's living with him, somebody's living next door to him," adds Murray.
Neverson is the only New Yorker on the nationwide list of the Marshals top 15 most wanted fugitives.
"We want him and we want the public's help because we can't do it alone," adds Murray.
Anyone with tips on these most wanted are asked to call the NYPD at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477)
E-MAIL TIPS TO: Usms.firstname.lastname@example.org
LINK: VIEW PHOTOS
LINK: U.S. MARSHALS SERVICE
LINK: NYPD CRIME STOPPERS
LINK: 7 TIPS TO KNOW
nyc news, nypd, most wanted, new york news, sarah wallace
- Lake Shore Drive standoff ends, suspect in custody
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Calif. billionaire buys record life insurance policy
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans