New York News
2013 Arthritis Walk
NEW YORK -- As the Arthritis Foundation's signature event, The Arthritis Walk® raises funds and awareness every year to fight the nation's leading cause of disability.
We aren't just fighting arthritis and helping the millions of people who live with arthritis pain. We're making the impact of arthritis unacceptable and taking a stand, moving together to help prevent and treat this serious and painful disease through research, education and community programs.
Participants walk for friends or family members with arthritis, and those with arthritis wear blue hats to signify their action to take control of their condition. The event features a three-mile and one-mile course, with arthritis information and activities for the entire family. Pet owners are encouraged to bring their dogs at participating events.
By joining your 2013 Arthritis Walk®, you become part of Let's Move Together, a nationwide community that encourages people to prevent or treat arthritis through movement. Start moving today for better health! To sign up for the 2013 NYC Arthritis Walk in Historic Battery Park on May 19th, visit newyorkaw.kintera.org.
new york city, new york news
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration 18 min ago
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Deck the malls with security
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore 16 min ago
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos