New York News
Jury selection to begin for suspects in Peter Figoski death
BROOKLYN -- Jury selection begins Wednesday in Brooklyn in the trial of the last two men charged in the murder of NYPD Officer Peter Figoski.
The officer was shot to death 18 months ago while responding to a robbery call in Cypress Hills.
Shooter Lamont Pride is serving 45 years to life for the murder after he was convicted earlier this year.
Kevin Santos and Nelson Morales both face murder charges.
Brooklyn prosecutors said Pride and four others plotted to rob a small-time drug dealer on December 12, 2011.
The men broke into a shabby basement apartment in a building that belonged to Morales' uncle. But the uncle didn't know what was happening and called 911 when he heard a commotion downstairs.
Officers, including Figoski, arrived and surprised the robbers, who pretended to be victims until they were later arrested. Figoski was shot when he cornered Pride.
Figoski was posthumously promoted to detective.
new york city, peter figoski, officer killed, police officer dies, new york news
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder 9 min ago
- Photos: Farm animals rescued in Kane County 58 min ago
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 54 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Netflix subscribers targeted in phishing scam
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics 9 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos