New York News
Jury selection to begin for suspects in Peter Figoski death
BROOKLYN -- Jury selection begins Wednesday in Brooklyn in the trial of the last two men charged in the murder of NYPD Officer Peter Figoski.
The officer was shot to death 18 months ago while responding to a robbery call in Cypress Hills.
Shooter Lamont Pride is serving 45 years to life for the murder after he was convicted earlier this year.
Kevin Santos and Nelson Morales both face murder charges.
Brooklyn prosecutors said Pride and four others plotted to rob a small-time drug dealer on December 12, 2011.
The men broke into a shabby basement apartment in a building that belonged to Morales' uncle. But the uncle didn't know what was happening and called 911 when he heard a commotion downstairs.
Officers, including Figoski, arrived and surprised the robbers, who pretended to be victims until they were later arrested. Figoski was shot when he cornered Pride.
Figoski was posthumously promoted to detective.
new york city, peter figoski, officer killed, police officer dies, new york news
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie 38 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Blue Line trains 'significantly' delayed 37 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles 32 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21 48 min ago
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting 56 min ago
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools 26 min ago
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie
38 min ago