New York News
Images released of person of interest in East Village groping
NEW YORK -- Police have released images of a man they want to talk to in connection with the groping a young girl on the Lower East Side.
They are describing the man as a person on interest and not specifically as a suspect.
The pictures were taken moments before a 9-year-old girl was groped near 10th Street and Avenue D around 4:45 p.m. on April 14.
The suspect reportedly approached the girl and grabbed her buttocks before fleeing the scene. No injuries were reported.
The suspect is described as a white male in his 30s, about 5-foot-9 and weighing approximately 240 pounds, with black hair mixed with gray. He was last seen wearing a blue long-sleeve shirt, dark jeans and white metal wired glasses.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
new york city, east village, sexual assault, new york news
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos