New York News
Death of teen girl ruled homicide in Brooklyn
NEW YORK -- There is new information about the mysterious death of a teenage girl in Brooklyn.
The case is now ruled a homicide four months after she died.
The naked body of 14-year-old Shaniesha Forbes was found in Gerritsen Beach in January.
Autopsy results show she died of asphyxiation.
She also suffered burns on her hands, arms and legs.
There are no arrests and no suspects.
There is a $12,000 reward for information on Forbes death. $10,000 is from the Chief of Detectives and $2,000 is from CrimeStoppers.
new york city, teen, new york news
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead in fire at Woodstock residence
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- 'Shady Bandit' suspected in North Side bank robbery
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- Jewel-Osco buys 5 former Dominick's stores
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant