New York News
Death of teen girl ruled homicide in Brooklyn
NEW YORK -- There is new information about the mysterious death of a teenage girl in Brooklyn.
The case is now ruled a homicide four months after she died.
The naked body of 14-year-old Shaniesha Forbes was found in Gerritsen Beach in January.
Autopsy results show she died of asphyxiation.
She also suffered burns on her hands, arms and legs.
There are no arrests and no suspects.
There is a $12,000 reward for information on Forbes death. $10,000 is from the Chief of Detectives and $2,000 is from CrimeStoppers.
new york city, teen, new york news
- Deep freeze hits Chicago area, snow Sunday 51 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world 35 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 27 min ago
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation 54 min ago
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Pearl Harbor bombing anniversary marked
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $297M
- United Airlines takes Starlight kids on trip to North Pole
- Lakeview runners strip down for 'Santa Speedo Run'
- Video: The Ditka you didn't know
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
27 min ago
- Deep freeze hits Chicago area, snow Sunday
51 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in...
35 min ago