New York News
Brooklyn Bridge closed in both directions
Saturday, May 04, 2013
NEW YORK -- The Brooklyn Bridge remains closed in both directions Saturday after police negotiated with a man who was threatening to jump.
The situation began unfolding at about 3 p.m. Saturday as police tried to talk the man down from the Brooklyn tower of the bridge. Just after 4:30 p.m. the man was rescued.
The bridge remains closed, and the NYPD is advising motorists to consider alternate routes.
(Copyright ©2014 WABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
new york city, brooklyn, brooklyn bridge, new york news
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Ohio Turnpike crash kills 3; Victims ID'd
- Quinn makes 1st public event since controversial audit
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
Eyewitness News Links