New York News
Brooklyn Bridge reopens after man threatens to jump
Saturday, May 04, 2013
BROOKLYN -- The Brooklyn Bridge reopened just before 6 p.m. Saturday after being closed for several hours because a man threatened to jump off.
The situation unfolded around 3 p.m. Saturday as police tried to talk the man down from the Brooklyn tower of the bridge. Just after 4:30 p.m. the man was rescued, and was unharmed.
Drivers are expected to experience residual delays.
(Copyright ©2014 WABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
new york city, brooklyn, brooklyn bridge, new york news
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 1 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train 28 min ago
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Massachusetts bans 'upskirt' photos after ruling
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- ABC7 To Go: 3-7-14
40 min ago
Eyewitness News Links