New York News
Suspect arrested in East Village groping of young girl
NEW YORK -- Police have made an arrest in the case of a child abuse on the Lower East Side.
A 52-year old man is in custody after investigators say he groped a young girl in the East Village just before 5 p.m. on April 14.
Rene Otero was arrested after police released surveillance pictures taken moments before the 9-year-old girl was assaulted.
Otero is accused of walking up behind the girl and grabbing her buttocks near 10th Street and Avenue D.
No injuries were reported.
Otero is charged with sex abuse and endangering the welfare of a child.
new york city, east village, sexual assault, new york news
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting 36 min ago
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping 25 min ago
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation 4 min ago
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- ComEd seeks rate hike to help pay for Smart Grid
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Chicago casino plans pitched at gaming hearing
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos