New York News
Woman thrown from motorcycle, hit by cab on Belt Parkway in Brooklyn
NEW YORK -- A motorcycle passenger died in Brooklyn after she was thrown from the bike onto the Belt Parkway and struck by a taxi that did not stop.
The woman, in her 30s, was thrown from the eastbound motorcycle when the driver careened into the divider near Pennsylvania Avenue just after 1 a.m.
She was thrown into the westbound lanes, where she was struck by a passing yellow cab. The taxi did not stop at the scene.
The woman was rushed to Brookdale University Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
The driver of the motorcycle was not seriously hurt.
Investigators are looking into whether speed was a factor in the crash.
new york city, brooklyn, accident, hit and run accident, new york news
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking