New York News
Woman thrown from motorcycle, hit by cab on Belt Parkway in Brooklyn
NEW YORK -- A motorcycle passenger died in Brooklyn after she was thrown from the bike onto the Belt Parkway and struck by a taxi that did not stop.
The woman, in her 30s, was thrown from the eastbound motorcycle when the driver careened into the divider near Pennsylvania Avenue just after 1 a.m.
She was thrown into the westbound lanes, where she was struck by a passing yellow cab. The taxi did not stop at the scene.
The woman was rushed to Brookdale University Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
The driver of the motorcycle was not seriously hurt.
Investigators are looking into whether speed was a factor in the crash.
new york city, brooklyn, accident, hit and run accident, new york news
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits