New York News
Motorcycle accident leaves NYPD officer seriously injured on Staten Island
STATEN ISLAND -- An off duty NYPD officer suffered serious injuries in a collision on Staten Island this morning.
The motorcycle and a car collided on Richmond Terrace, near Snug Harbor Road, just after 9:30 a.m.
Authorities said the 40-year-old officer was travelling eastbound on Richmond Terrace on his motorcycle and collided with a 2009 Nissan that was travelling westbound, making a left hand turn onto Snugg Harbor.
The officer was taken to the hospital with serious injuries. He was listed in critical condition.
The 40-year-old officer, who's name is not being released, was the partner of an NYPD officer who was killed in Brooklyn in Nov 2005.
The driver of the vehicle was also injured. No details about his condition were released.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
new york city, new york news
- 4 children injured in S. Side drive-by shooting 51 min ago
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen 48 min ago
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 33 min ago
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout