New York News
Motorcycle accident leaves NYPD officer seriously injured on Staten Island
STATEN ISLAND -- An off duty NYPD officer suffered serious injuries in a collision on Staten Island this morning.
The motorcycle and a car collided on Richmond Terrace, near Snug Harbor Road, just after 9:30 a.m.
Authorities said the 40-year-old officer was travelling eastbound on Richmond Terrace on his motorcycle and collided with a 2009 Nissan that was travelling westbound, making a left hand turn onto Snugg Harbor.
The officer was taken to the hospital with serious injuries. He was listed in critical condition.
The 40-year-old officer, who's name is not being released, was the partner of an NYPD officer who was killed in Brooklyn in Nov 2005.
The driver of the vehicle was also injured. No details about his condition were released.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
new york city, new york news
- Fire at building, church in Gary, Indiana 15 min ago
- Fast-food workers protest low wages
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Woman, 23, missing from Lincoln Square
- CTA Blue Line to receive $492M investment
- Mayor to create grocery store task force
- 2 men arrested on drug charges
- Chicago Bears visit Washington IL as tornado communities brace...
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- 2015 Ford Mustang unveiling to celebrate 50 years
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot
- 7 in :77
- Fire at building, church in Gary, Indiana
15 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos