New York News
Sanitation worker caught dumping trash on sidewalk
NEW YORK -- It doesn't get much clearer than this. A New York City sanitation worker picks up a black garbage bag, dumps it on a doorstep, and rips the bag open. When he walks away from the heap of trash, the letters "DSNY" are clearly visible on the back of his bright yellow vest.
The incident took place on the doorstep of Fast Eddies on West 47th and 10th Avenue, owned in part by Richie Winckelman. The time stamp on the surveillance video - 6:59 Saturday morning. From the angle pointed East on West 47th, you can see the large sanitation sitting in the intersection. In another shot, the worker is, in fact doing his job - dumping the trash can into the back of the truck, not onto the sidewalk.
"My partner showed up, it's not the first time it happened, [I'm] tired of cleaning up," said restaurant owner Richie Winckelman.
While there have been bags of garbage dumped on their doorstep before, he says never before were any of the bags gutted and dumped at the front door. Winckelman says the garbage was not his.
Eyewitness News brought this to the attention of the Department of Sanitation on Saturday. A spokesperson released a statement saying,
"This is definitely not protocol. We are going to investigate and look into this thoroughly."
new york city, hells kitchen, new york news, darla miles
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder 22 min ago
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Speed cams start issuing tickets in some areas 36 min ago
- Autopsy on body found near where woman last seen 48 min ago
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation
- St. Patrick's Day Parade Queen
44 min ago