New York News
Suspect escapes police custody in Harlem
HARLEM -- NYPD has recaptured a suspect who escaped while being placed under arrest in Harlem over the weekend.
The suspect is identified as 52-year-old Lawrence Mason, of Queens.
Investigators said Mason escaped using the subway at West 116 Street and Lenox Avenue (Southbound Nos. 2 and 3 lines) shortly after 1 p.m. on Saturday afternoon.
Police finally caught up with Mason on Tuesday and arrested him. Details regarding the arrest were not released.
Mason is facing numerous charges including reckless endangerment, escape, bail jumping and resisting arrest.
new york city, harlem, escaped prisoner, new york news
- Tanker truck rollover closes eastbound Indiana Toll Road
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 46 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated 49 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
46 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to...
49 min ago