New York News
3 arrested after party on Manhattan Bridge
NEW YORK -- Every weekday, the Manhattan Bridge carries more than 450,000 New Yorkers on foot, bike, train and car between Brooklyn and Manhattan.
But on Saturday night a crowd of partygoers turned a section of the pedestrian walkway on the 5,780-foot long span over the East River into an outdoor nightclub.
Police say Sunday three New York men were arrested and charged with reckless endangerment, trespass, disorderly conduct and criminal nuisance following the impromptu party.
Twenty-year-old Giacomo Nacci, 19-year-old Alexander Shlaferman and 21-year-old Brendon Risano did not return calls for comment. Police say they didn't have a permit for the Saturday night soiree that included DJ equipment.
Photos and videos posted online show dozens of people dancing to blasting electronic music as trains and cars pass by.
The party was promoted on Facebook and other social media sites.
new york city, manhattan, party, new york news
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 1 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash 13 min ago
- Woman accused of stealing credit cards from Loop gym 16 min ago
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Festival Fridays
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
42 min ago