New York News
3 arrested after party on Manhattan Bridge
NEW YORK -- Every weekday, the Manhattan Bridge carries more than 450,000 New Yorkers on foot, bike, train and car between Brooklyn and Manhattan.
But on Saturday night a crowd of partygoers turned a section of the pedestrian walkway on the 5,780-foot long span over the East River into an outdoor nightclub.
Police say Sunday three New York men were arrested and charged with reckless endangerment, trespass, disorderly conduct and criminal nuisance following the impromptu party.
Twenty-year-old Giacomo Nacci, 19-year-old Alexander Shlaferman and 21-year-old Brendon Risano did not return calls for comment. Police say they didn't have a permit for the Saturday night soiree that included DJ equipment.
Photos and videos posted online show dozens of people dancing to blasting electronic music as trains and cars pass by.
The party was promoted on Facebook and other social media sites.
new york city, manhattan, party, new york news
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion 32 min ago
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize 17 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood 3 min ago
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
32 min ago
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
17 min ago
- Higher blood pressure threshold OK in older...
14 min ago