New York News
Man fatally struck by MTA bus in Queens
NEW YORK -- Police are investigating the death of a man who was hit and killed by an MTA bus in Queens late Sunday.
The crash happened just before midnight on Rockaway Boulevard near 1st Street in Rosedale.
Investigators say the bus was traveling northbound on Rockaway Boulevard when it struck 65-year-old Kenneth Yard.
Yard was rushed to Jamaica Hospital, where he died.
Police say Yard was attempting to cross Rockaway Boulevard when he was struck by the bus.
The bus driver remained on the scene.
The investigation is ongoing.
new york city, rosedale, queens, pedestrian struck, new york news
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in 31 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bensenville police shooting injures man 9 min ago
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos