New York News
New York City firefighter accused of strangling, harassing wife
QUEENS -- A New York City firefighter is under arrest, facing charges in an apparent domestic dispute with his wife.
Police say the FDNY's Steven Clarke was taken into custody just after 1:30 a.m. Monday.
Authorities responded to the Queens home after receving a 911 call. The 39-year-old Clarke was off duty at the time.
He is charged with second-degree strangulation and second-degree harassment.
His wife was listed in stable condition.
new york city, queens, firefighters, fdny, new york news
- 3 shot in Lawndale near 16th, St. Louis 42 min ago
- NLRB grants review of NU football players union ruling
- Woman assaulted near Matteson Metra stop, bike path
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 49 min ago
- NIU hazing death case in court 46 min ago
- Grayslake dry cleaners chemical spill injures 4 30 min ago
- City to build Barack Obama College Prep HS
- Mount Baldy to remain closed this summer
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan 14 min ago
- Ex-booster club president pleads guilty to theft
- Mayor Emanuel criticized for proposed property tax hike 58 min ago
- Driver taking photos after Noble Square crash struck, killed
- 'Ice Road Truckers' driver charged with kidnapping prostitute
- 1888 shipwreck pictures in SF Bay released
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos