New York News
New York City firefighter accused of strangling, harassing wife
QUEENS -- A New York City firefighter is under arrest, facing charges in an apparent domestic dispute with his wife.
Police say the FDNY's Steven Clarke was taken into custody just after 1:30 a.m. Monday.
Authorities responded to the Queens home after receving a 911 call. The 39-year-old Clarke was off duty at the time.
He is charged with second-degree strangulation and second-degree harassment.
His wife was listed in stable condition.
new york city, queens, firefighters, fdny, new york news
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this' 7 min ago
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 49 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Snowboard park accident 911 calls released
- Volunteers get word out on insurance sign-up 55 min ago
- Bridge over Western demolished for Bloomingdale Trail
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- More goats found dead in Ill. animal cruelty case
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital 42 min ago
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through...
7 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
49 min ago