New York News
New York City firefighter accused of strangling, harassing wife
QUEENS -- A New York City firefighter is under arrest, facing charges in an apparent domestic dispute with his wife.
Police say the FDNY's Steven Clarke was taken into custody just after 1:30 a.m. Monday.
Authorities responded to the Queens home after receving a 911 call. The 39-year-old Clarke was off duty at the time.
He is charged with second-degree strangulation and second-degree harassment.
His wife was listed in stable condition.
new york city, queens, firefighters, fdny, new york news
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin 41 min ago
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings 44 min ago
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges 4 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 10 min ago
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty...
5 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos