New York News
1 arrested, 1 on the loose after Manhattan heroin bust
NEW YORK -- The search is on Monday for a second suspect after a major drug bust in Manhattan.
Police say two officers spotted a man tossing a duffle bag into the trunk of a double-parked Nissan in Inwood just before 8:30 p.m. Saturday.
When officers approached the vehicle, the man who threw the bag ran away.
Police say 26-year-old Joancis Delacruz-Arias remained in the driver's seat and let the officers search the bag.
They found nearly 20 pounds of heroin inside, with a street value of approximately $750,000.
Delacruz-Arias was arrested and charged with first-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance.
Anyone with information about the search for the second person is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
new york city, inwood, manhattan, heroin, new york news
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Police chase in Lincoln Park may have hurt officer 6 min ago
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Daily Herald: Kid Loses Foot In Train Accident
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz...
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
36 min ago