New York News
Robber corners woman, 8 kids inside Brooklyn elevator
NEW YORK -- Police are looking for a man who robbed a woman inside a Brooklyn elevator, and they are hoping surveillance video will lead to an arrest.
The incident happened around 2:30 p.m. Monday on Fulton Street in Bedford-Stuyvesant.
Authorities say the suspect was holding what could be a gun in his right hand as he cornered the 39-year-old victim, who had eight children with her at the time, inside the elevator.
The suspect removed the woman's jewelry and fled on a bicycle.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477).
new york city, bedford-stuyvesant, brooklyn, robbery, new york news
- Officer, man shot in Arlington Heights standoff
- Brutal cold grips continues; more snow coming
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun to Elgin school
- Gun violence victims remembered at Roseland vigil
- Block 37 developers indicted on federal fraud charges
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Our Lady of Guadalupe celebration wraps up in Des Plaines
- Feds crack down on unsafe buses
- No retrial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Rally held to support CTA program that helps ex-convicts
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party