New York News
Robber corners woman, 8 kids inside Brooklyn elevator
NEW YORK -- Police are looking for a man who robbed a woman inside a Brooklyn elevator, and they are hoping surveillance video will lead to an arrest.
The incident happened around 2:30 p.m. Monday on Fulton Street in Bedford-Stuyvesant.
Authorities say the suspect was holding what could be a gun in his right hand as he cornered the 39-year-old victim, who had eight children with her at the time, inside the elevator.
The suspect removed the woman's jewelry and fled on a bicycle.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477).
new york city, bedford-stuyvesant, brooklyn, robbery, new york news
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student 59 min ago
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Gay marriage at center of 81st District GOP race 54 min ago
- CTA: Ventra cards only possible by end of March
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits 25 min ago