New York News
Robber threatens to take Staten Island woman's child
NEW YORK -- Police on Staten Island are looking for help identifying a man who pulled a knife on a woman and threatened her daughter.
The NYPD has released a blurry picture that authorities hope will help identify him.
The incident happened at a bus stop on Forest Avenue on Sunday, August 11, just before 11 p.m.
Police say the man put a knife up to the 41-year-old woman's back and threatened to take her 4-year-old daughter if she didn't give up her bag, which she did.
The suspect then fled on foot towards Barrett Avenue.
No injuries were reported.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic male, approximately 30 years old, standing about 5-foot-5 and weighing about 200 pounds with a stocky build. He was last seen wearing a baseball cap, black T-shirt, black and white sneakers and gray shorts.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
new york city, staten island, robbery, new york news
- Spring-like temperatures to give way to snow 1 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court to consider Blagojevich transcripts 33 min ago
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman 19 min ago
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap 38 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as...
19 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos