NewsViews: Lt. Gov. nominee Jason Plummer
September 5, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The youngest statewide candidate in the November election is a 28-year-old downstate businessman. He's Jason Plummer, the Republican nominee for lieutenant governor.
Plummer lives in Edwardsville, which is near St. Louis. He is a graduate of the University of Illinois. And he served as Madison County Republican chairman.
Plummer is vice president of a family-owned lumber company. And he's a Navy Reserve intelligence officer. He says the office of lieutenant governor has been under-utilized. And he wants Illinois to increase its tax base, not taxes.
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Woman sexually abused in Mayfair park
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- CTU president calls for tax changes to fund schools
- Governor, lawmakers plan to form new pension committee
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Lombard's Los Burritos Mexicanos still closed after E. coli cases
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- Car slams into Sauk Village apartment, sleeping couple injured
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos