NewsViews: Toni Preckwinkle, Chicago County Board president nominee
October 3, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Alderman Toni Preckwinkle, Democratic nominee for Cook County Board president, is this week's NewsViews guest.
Chicago Alderman Toni Preckwinkle had reason to smile the night of February 2. She easily defeated three Cook County elected officials, including board president Todd Stroger, to win the Democratic nomination for board president.
Preckwinkle is a former history teacher. And, historically, winning a Democratic nomination in heavily Democratic Cook County usually virtually guarantees a November election victory.
- Report: 4 schools could be saved in CPS vote 22 min ago
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit
- Video: Wednesday @ 6AM: Saving on Gas?
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 19 min ago
- Schaumburg couple survive Oklahoma tornado
- Maywood honors man who found missing toddler's body
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder
- Kellie Pickler wins 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- Addison comfort dogs headed to Moore, Okla.
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
19 min ago
- Swim Safety Tips
12 min ago
- Dancing With the Stars Finale Highlights
6 min ago