NewsViews: Chicago Traffic Gridlock
March 13, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- On this edition of NewsViews, our guests will be Beth Mosher, public relations director of AAA Chicago, and Joseph Schofer, a civil and engineering professor at Northwestern University, and director of Northwestern's infrastructure technology institute.
We'll discuss skyrocketing gasoline prices, and recent surveys showing growing Chicago-area gridlock, including the respected Urban Mobility Report by the Texas Transportation Institute, which lists Chicago as No. 1 in the nation in traffic congestion. That of course means we have the unwelcome distinction of having the nation's worst traffic jams.
We'll also have some tips on how to be a fuel-efficient driver.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun to Elgin school
- Block 37 developers indicted on federal fraud charges
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- No retrial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Rally held to support CTA program that helps ex-convicts
- Metra Rock Island train hits car on South Side
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- Michael Jordan shoes from Finals sell for $104K
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party