NewsViews: State Rep. Tom Cross
March 27, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The lead story in Wednesday's Chicago Tribune makes clear the state's financial crisis: a $40 billion dollar hole, or deficit, in just one pension fund, for public school teachers.
That's in addition to other pension fund deficits, Illinois' budget deficit, its unpaid bills, and its low credit rating. The state faces financial crisis.
We'll discuss it, and other key issues -- such as reapportionment of congressional, and state house and senate districts, and an attempt to revive the death penalty-- with a legislative leader.
State Representative Tom Cross heads the House Republicans and is guest on this edition of NewsViews.
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder 41 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school 23 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010...
41 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos