NewsViews: CFD Commissioner Robert Hoff
April 10, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago firm is working on a concept called augmented reality that may help firefighters keep us safe.
Last June, Mayor Daley appointed then 1st Deputy Fire Commissioner Robert Hoff as the city's new fire commissioner. Hoff has been with the department for 34 years, is a third-generation firefighter, and heads a force of 5,000 firefighters and paramedics.
Hoff is one of the department's most decorated members. He has twice won its highest honor for bravery: the Carter Harrison Award. He's a former emergency medical technician.
Chicago Fire Commissioner Robert Hoff is our guest on this week's edition of NewsViews.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 Skokie residents 22 min ago
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached 47 min ago
- Libertyville man, 66, claims attack by hospital security
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- Chicago remembers radio legend Larry Lujack
4 min ago
- Holiday Shopping Tips from the BBB
20 min ago