NewsViews: Gun Legislation
April 17, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Gun legislation is the focus of conversation on this edition of NewsViews.
We'll discuss the proposal to allow concealed carry that's now being discussed in Springfield, and Atty. Gen. Lisa Madigan's ruling that the names of registered gun owners in Illinois must be made public.
Other gun issues will include Mayor Daley's proposal to limit gun purchases to one a month, to curtail so-called straw purchasers who buy dozens of guns at a time and sell them at a profit to those who can't legally buy firearms (juveniles, felons, etc).
Our guests will be Greg Tropino, president of GAT Guns, Inc., of Dundee, and a lifetime member of the Illinois Rifle Assn.; and Tom VandenBerk, a member of both the President's Council of the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, and the Governor's Anti-Violence Commission. VandenBerk is also former interim director of the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence.
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in Central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Cold weather brings flight delays, cancellations
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos