NewsViews: Gun Legislation
April 17, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Gun legislation is the focus of conversation on this edition of NewsViews.
We'll discuss the proposal to allow concealed carry that's now being discussed in Springfield, and Atty. Gen. Lisa Madigan's ruling that the names of registered gun owners in Illinois must be made public.
Other gun issues will include Mayor Daley's proposal to limit gun purchases to one a month, to curtail so-called straw purchasers who buy dozens of guns at a time and sell them at a profit to those who can't legally buy firearms (juveniles, felons, etc).
Our guests will be Greg Tropino, president of GAT Guns, Inc., of Dundee, and a lifetime member of the Illinois Rifle Assn.; and Tom VandenBerk, a member of both the President's Council of the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, and the Governor's Anti-Violence Commission. VandenBerk is also former interim director of the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence.
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic 4 min ago
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student 1 min ago
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 8 min ago
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder 46 min ago
- $1.5M boat catches fire, trespasser arrested
- Distance not the issue with CPS safe passage
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Elgin teens building home for tornado victim
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
8 min ago
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
4 min ago
- Second video allegedly shows guard push...
1 min ago