NewsViews: Transparency in Chicago Government
June 26, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel has promised more transparency in city government. One of the men charged with making that happen is John Tolva, the city's new chief technology officer.
Already, he's posted information such as city employee's positions and what they're paid. With the payroll being one of the city's biggest expenses, it gives residents an idea of just how their money is being spent.
John Tolva is our guest on this episode of NewsViews.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 22 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty 59 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted 9 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend 12 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Dog rescue underway at Lake Michigan
- Foreign military mission barred from Crimea
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 32 min ago
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
59 min ago
- Charles "Peanut" Tillman 5k Walk/ Run
5 min ago