NewsViews: Transparency in Chicago Government
June 26, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel has promised more transparency in city government. One of the men charged with making that happen is John Tolva, the city's new chief technology officer.
Already, he's posted information such as city employee's positions and what they're paid. With the payroll being one of the city's biggest expenses, it gives residents an idea of just how their money is being spent.
John Tolva is our guest on this episode of NewsViews.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly 17 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run 44 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead 23 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 13 min ago
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Skill Champ app designed for children with autism
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos