NewsViews: Transparency in Chicago Government
June 26, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel has promised more transparency in city government. One of the men charged with making that happen is John Tolva, the city's new chief technology officer.
Already, he's posted information such as city employee's positions and what they're paid. With the payroll being one of the city's biggest expenses, it gives residents an idea of just how their money is being spent.
John Tolva is our guest on this episode of NewsViews.
- Freeze hits Chicago area, snow expected Sunday
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Astor House tenants face eviction
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation
- Cancer patient without heat after power shut off
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Couples renew marriage vows at Field Museum
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area