NewsViews: CTA President Forrest Claypool
July 3, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- CTA President Forrest Claypool is our guest on this edition of NewsViews.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel cited Claypool's innovation and creativity when he announced that Claypool was his choice to be the CTA president.
He had no previous transit experience. But Claypool did bring a reputation as a reformer to the job.
Claypool has served as superintendent of the Chicago Park District and a Cook County commissioner.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014 48 min ago
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer 56 min ago
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 33 min ago
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
33 min ago
- Grab a pint or legendary pizza in Beverly
55 min ago