NewsViews: Climate Change
July 10, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago is well known for its weather, like this February's blizzard. But some scientists predict a change, saying that by the end of this century Chicago could feel more Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
While some question climate change, the City of Chicago is preparing for it.
Aaron Durnbaugh, deputy commissioner with Chicago's Department of Environment joined us on NewsViews to discuss just what's being done.
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking