NewsViews: 9/11 10 Years Later
September 11, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- As we mark the 10th anniversary of Sept. 11, 2001, the 9/11 Commission reports that the country is still vulnerable to more terrorism.
Republican Jim Thompson is the longest-serving governor ever in Illinois, having led the state from 1977 to 1991. He's our guest on this NewsViews.
He served as US attorney, the top federal prosecutor in Chicago. And he was a member of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks upon the United States, known as the 9/22 Commission.
Thompson is also former chairman, and current senior chairman, of the Winston & Strawn law firm.
- Snow, bitter cold to make for messy commute
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Crews battle large fire in unoccupied Skokie building
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year