NewsViews: 9/11 10 Years Later
September 11, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- As we mark the 10th anniversary of Sept. 11, 2001, the 9/11 Commission reports that the country is still vulnerable to more terrorism.
Republican Jim Thompson is the longest-serving governor ever in Illinois, having led the state from 1977 to 1991. He's our guest on this NewsViews.
He served as US attorney, the top federal prosecutor in Chicago. And he was a member of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks upon the United States, known as the 9/22 Commission.
Thompson is also former chairman, and current senior chairman, of the Winston & Strawn law firm.
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag 47 min ago
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault 50 min ago
- Chicago casino plans pitched at gaming hearing 37 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett 37 min ago
- Man who killed Kankakee doctor gets life in prison 51 min ago
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Carl Sandburg H.S. 'soft lockdown' lifted after arrests 27 min ago
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours 6 min ago
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- Truman College instructor accused of sexually assaulting former... 1 min ago
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
2 min ago
- Chicago street repaving begins
28 min ago
- Microbead ban? Group says they impact...
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos