NewsViews: 9/11 10 Years Later
September 11, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- As we mark the 10th anniversary of Sept. 11, 2001, the 9/11 Commission reports that the country is still vulnerable to more terrorism.
Republican Jim Thompson is the longest-serving governor ever in Illinois, having led the state from 1977 to 1991. He's our guest on this NewsViews.
He served as US attorney, the top federal prosecutor in Chicago. And he was a member of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks upon the United States, known as the 9/22 Commission.
Thompson is also former chairman, and current senior chairman, of the Winston & Strawn law firm.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard 4 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits