NewsViews: Gov. Pat Quinn
October 23, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- After returning from a trip to the Far East, Governor Pat Quinn filled another diplomatic task-- he helped cut a ribbon to open a new British consulate in Chicago. But his challenge is in state issues.
For example, veteran state senator Terry Link is gloomy about prospects that the legislature will pass a gambling bill that does not have slot machines at racetracks.
Link, a Lake County Democrat, reflects concern that some lawmakers who voted to expand gambling might change their minds if struggling racetracks are denied slots.
Gambling expansion, possibly to Chicago, is among issues facing state lawmakers when they return to Springfield for their veto session.
Is Governor Quinn open to compromise on racetrack slots? What about additional pension reform? Are we making progress in solving the state's budget problems? We'll ask Governor Quinn, our guest on this edition of NewsViews.
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan 42 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 39 min ago
- Pfleger wants 'American' billboard with assault weapon removed 18 min ago
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Chicago-Portland flight allegedly disrupted by man who wanted 4...
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open
- NJ judge rules moms don't have to let dads in delivery room
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Gov. Chris Christie Fires Back at Heckler 3 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
39 min ago
- ABC7 to Go, March 13, 2014
16 min ago