NewsViews: CTA President Forrest Claypool
November 13, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- On this NewsViews: CTA President Forrest Claypool defends his public criticism of union work rules, and says a billion-dollar project will remake the Red Line into a virtually new railroad.
$646 million of the one billion was generated by bonds sold after the governor signed the 2009 Illinois capital bill.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel says rehabbing the 79-million-passengers-a-year red line--called the backbone of Chicago's light rail system--will help attract businesses.
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24 1 min ago
- Program Note: Expanded World News tonight 19 min ago
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- ID sought for woman's body burned in Avondale Dumpster
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder 54 min ago
- 2 charged in Markham man's murder
- 3 dolphins pregnant at Brookfield Zoo
- Wife douses husband with beer after Wrigley home run
- abcnews: See Jennifer Lawrence's 'X-Men' Look
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos