NewsViews: Illinois Lottery
November 27, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Last month, Illinois Governor Pat Quinn reappointed Michael Jones as lottery director. He is our guest on this NewsViews.
Jones is a graduate of The university of Florida, served as an Army officer, and headed the lottery from 1981 to 1985 under then Governor Jim Thompson.
Jones then founded a marketing firm that assisted forms of gaming. He was a consultant for lotteries in 13 states and some other countries.
The lottery ended its 2011 fiscal year with record sales of almost $2.3 billion. For the first time, a private firm-- Northstar Lottery Group-- is managing the operations after signing a 10-year contract.
- 2 hurt in North Side crash 6 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 55 min ago
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this' 14 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 43 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
43 min ago
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through...
14 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos