NewsViews: Illinois Lottery
November 27, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Last month, Illinois Governor Pat Quinn reappointed Michael Jones as lottery director. He is our guest on this NewsViews.
Jones is a graduate of The university of Florida, served as an Army officer, and headed the lottery from 1981 to 1985 under then Governor Jim Thompson.
Jones then founded a marketing firm that assisted forms of gaming. He was a consultant for lotteries in 13 states and some other countries.
The lottery ended its 2011 fiscal year with record sales of almost $2.3 billion. For the first time, a private firm-- Northstar Lottery Group-- is managing the operations after signing a 10-year contract.
- 'Electric Daisy Carnival' keeping area residents up all night 52 min ago
- Chicago honors military in Memorial Day Parade 46 min ago
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 25 min ago
- Friends, family of murder victim pray to end the violence 13 min ago
- Pets from Oklahoma shelter headed to Chicago for adoption 54 min ago
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- Step back in time at 'Wild West Town' in McHenry County 19 min ago
- Man charged for arson, burglary of $1.5 million boat
- FEMA teams look for flood damage on South Side
- Jackson, Rainbow PUSH Coalition criticize school closings
- Notre Dame QB Golson no longer enrolled at school 9 min ago
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses...
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
25 min ago
- Step back in time at 'Wild West Town' in...
19 min ago
- Chicago honors military in Memorial Day...
46 min ago
- 'Electric Daisy Carnival' keeping area...
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos