NewsViews: Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn
February 6, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Illinois Governor Pat Quinn is the guest on this edition of NewsViews.
He called the natural gas tax "unfair" and "regressive." He wants to make Illinois the only Midwest state without such a tax.
The governor said the tax credit for parents would save the average family of four $100 a year. And his proposed tax credit for businesses that hire unemployed vets would let those employers reduce their income tax bills by $5,000. They could also earn a credit of up to $5,000 for the wages they pay a veteran.
During his speech, the governor also said Illinois must reform government pensions and Medicaid. He said he will discuss his plans to do that when he unveils his budget on February 22nd.
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn is the guest on this edition of NewsViews.
- $590M-plus Powerball: winning ticket sold in Fla
- CPS teachers continue citywide marches
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 37 min ago
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence
- Shots fired, multi-car crash in Hammond Walmart parking lot 50 min ago
- Woman killed, 4 critically injured in Far South Side crash
- Amtrak train from New Orleans to Chicago derails
- Quinn, parents of Newtown victims, speak on gun control
- Toddler found alone on West Side reunited with parents
- Daily Herald: Gender Pay Gap
- 12 arrested after rowdiness reports near Michigan Avenue
- Boy, 12, critically hurt in Little Village shooting
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
37 min ago
- Extensive vandalism devastates South Side...
24 min ago
- CTA Red Line reconstruction officially...
41 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos