NewsViews: Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn
February 6, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Illinois Governor Pat Quinn is the guest on this edition of NewsViews.
He called the natural gas tax "unfair" and "regressive." He wants to make Illinois the only Midwest state without such a tax.
The governor said the tax credit for parents would save the average family of four $100 a year. And his proposed tax credit for businesses that hire unemployed vets would let those employers reduce their income tax bills by $5,000. They could also earn a credit of up to $5,000 for the wages they pay a veteran.
During his speech, the governor also said Illinois must reform government pensions and Medicaid. He said he will discuss his plans to do that when he unveils his budget on February 22nd.
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn is the guest on this edition of NewsViews.
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 6 shot at party in Austin
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal 7 min ago
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead 21 min ago
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma 48 min ago
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits 57 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos