NewsViews: Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn
February 6, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Illinois Governor Pat Quinn is the guest on this edition of NewsViews.
He called the natural gas tax "unfair" and "regressive." He wants to make Illinois the only Midwest state without such a tax.
The governor said the tax credit for parents would save the average family of four $100 a year. And his proposed tax credit for businesses that hire unemployed vets would let those employers reduce their income tax bills by $5,000. They could also earn a credit of up to $5,000 for the wages they pay a veteran.
During his speech, the governor also said Illinois must reform government pensions and Medicaid. He said he will discuss his plans to do that when he unveils his budget on February 22nd.
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn is the guest on this edition of NewsViews.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood 4 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway 10 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 6 min ago
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business 2 min ago
- Midlothian's The Tint Shop burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- Gov. Quinn looks back on 2013
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
6 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
4 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
10 min ago
- Aperitifs, digestifs enhance meals at Sable
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos