NewsViews: Clerk of the Circuit Court candidates
February 19, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Illinois voters go to the polls on March 20 to vote in the state's primary election.
One key race in Cook County is for clerk of the circuit court. Our first guest on this NewsViews is the incumbent. Dorothy Brown. Her challenger Alderman Rick Munoz also joined us.
Brown is an accountant and attorney running for her fourth term as clerk. She has the endorsement of Illinois Governor Pat Quinn.
Chicago Alderman Rick Munoz is running against incumbent Dorothy Brown in the clerk's race. He has been an alderman in Chicago for 18 years, serving the 22nd Ward on the Southwest Side. He has been endorsed by Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle.
- 4 children injured in S. Side drive-by shooting
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout