NewsViews: Gas Prices
March 25, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Gas prices are at highest levels ever for this time of year. The average in Chicago is the highest of any place in the country.
The matter has become an issue in the presidential campaign, with Republican candidates blaming President Obama.
The president visited Nevada, New Mexico and Oklahoma last week to defend his energy policies, saying, under his administration the country is producing more oil than in the last eight years.
So what's driving fuel prices? What will it take to lower them? And will the rising prices have an impact on the US economic recovery?
Joining us to discuss these questions on this NewsViews are Patrick DeHaan, a senior petroleum analyst with GasBuddy.com, and Brian Battle, director of trading at Performance Trust Companies.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie 28 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Blue Line trains 'significantly' delayed 27 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours 51 min ago
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles 22 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21 38 min ago
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting 46 min ago
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools 16 min ago
- Indiana soldier among 6 dead in Afghanistan crash 50 min ago
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie
28 min ago