NewsViews: Tax Deadline
April 15, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Our guest on this NewsViews is John Stanfield, a certified public accountant. The deadline for filing income tax returns for 2012 is Tuesday, April 17.
We've invited him to talk about any changes in deductions that people need to be aware of, what they need to know about filing for an extension, and whether there is anything filers can still do to reduce their tax bill.
We'll ask Stanfield if he has any advice for putting viewers in a better position next year, so maybe they won't owe as much. And we'll see if he has any advice for those getting a refund on how to spend/invest it.
More info: www.economicprogress.org www.stanfieldcpa.com
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs 14 min ago
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Accident closes Chicago Skyway inbound lanes, 5 injured
- Family searching for missing Lansing man 42 min ago
- Proposed law on gun sentencing tweaked
- Pope honored as Catholics gather at Our Lady of Guadalupe
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest
- Styrofoam product ban proposed in Chicago
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city,...
14 min ago