NewsViews: Tax Deadline
April 15, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Our guest on this NewsViews is John Stanfield, a certified public accountant. The deadline for filing income tax returns for 2012 is Tuesday, April 17.
We've invited him to talk about any changes in deductions that people need to be aware of, what they need to know about filing for an extension, and whether there is anything filers can still do to reduce their tax bill.
We'll ask Stanfield if he has any advice for putting viewers in a better position next year, so maybe they won't owe as much. And we'll see if he has any advice for those getting a refund on how to spend/invest it.
More info: www.economicprogress.org www.stanfieldcpa.com
- CPS protesters give up sit-in, school closes for good
- Hawks fans anxiously awaited OT goal, tied series
- LeBron headband absence could be key for Miami Heat win
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Blackhawks beat Bruins 6-5 in Game 4 OT, tie series 2-2
- 9 students hospitalized after pepper spray accident
- More than 8 percent of Illinois bridges structurally deficient
- Skokie mosquito tests positive for West Nile virus
- Red Line reconstruction project on time, within budget
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- State lawmakers send pension crisis to committee
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20
- Long lines for Cook County flood assistance
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit