NewsViews: Tax Deadline
April 15, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Our guest on this NewsViews is John Stanfield, a certified public accountant. The deadline for filing income tax returns for 2012 is Tuesday, April 17.
We've invited him to talk about any changes in deductions that people need to be aware of, what they need to know about filing for an extension, and whether there is anything filers can still do to reduce their tax bill.
We'll ask Stanfield if he has any advice for putting viewers in a better position next year, so maybe they won't owe as much. And we'll see if he has any advice for those getting a refund on how to spend/invest it.
More info: www.economicprogress.org www.stanfieldcpa.com
- Spring-like day followed by snow 3 min ago
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking 16 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Photos: Semi overturns, dumps beads on Tri-State
- Photos: Irving Park Fire
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox
- Energy deal to save city money, but not customers 1 min ago
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by...
6 min ago
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex...
16 min ago