NewsViews: Chicago Tourism
April 22, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Our guest on this week's NewsViews is Don Welsh, the President and CEO of Choose Chicago, the combined office that now leads Chicago's tourism efforts.
We'll be discussing the recent announcement that Chicago is opening offices in Brazil, Germany and Japan to promote tourism to the city.
Besides the financial, what are the other benefits of attracting overseas visitors?
Also, Mayor Rahm Emanuel has set a goal of attracting 50 million visitors a year by 2020. He would also like Chicago to rank in the top 5 nationally in terms of international visitors. How will the city reach that goal?
- Mixed reviews for Red Line Reconstruction rush hour 15 min ago
- School closings march protests CPS consolidations 8 min ago
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 30 min ago
- Burned body found inside Avondale dumpster
- Man accused of sexually assaulting, abusing teen girls
- Desiree Rogers named chair of Chicago tourism board
- School shooting remembered 25 years later
- Relative of murdered Chicago child fatally shot
- WWI submarine has underwater Lake Michigan grave
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence
- Shots fired, multi-car crash in Hammond Walmart parking lot
- Photos: Eva Longoria on night of wardrobe malfunction
- abcnews: 200-Lbs. Bear Pulled From Colorado Springs... 8 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
30 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Mixed reviews for Red Line Reconstruction...
15 min ago
- School closings march protests CPS...
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos