NewsViews: Chicago Housing Market
July 15, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The real estate website Zillow found that among the country's 50 largest metropolitan areas Chicago is the top buyer's market. Milwaukee, Cleveland, New York and Philadelphia round out the top five.
According to Zillow, 48 percent of homes sold in the Chicago area this May sold for less than their previous selling price. The median number of days those homes were listed on Zillow was 182.
So does this reflect what local real estate experts are seeing? Joining us to discuss that question and more about home sales in Chicago are Alby Gallun, senior reporter with Crain's Chicago Business, and realtor John Irwin with Baird and Warner.
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders 11 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway 7 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago 7 min ago
- New Illinois driving laws in 2014 on speed, electronics
- Woman falls on CTA tracks, rescued by bystanders
- Report: Centrella may buy Dominick's stores
- Man charged in Rogers Park stabbing
- Horse escapes, gallops down Old Town streets 10 min ago
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- Free pizza Friday at new Lakeview restaurant
- Photos: Target Credit Card Breach: What to do if...
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- ABC7 to Go, December 20, 2013
29 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
7 min ago
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
7 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos