NewsViews: Chicago Housing Market
July 15, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The real estate website Zillow found that among the country's 50 largest metropolitan areas Chicago is the top buyer's market. Milwaukee, Cleveland, New York and Philadelphia round out the top five.
According to Zillow, 48 percent of homes sold in the Chicago area this May sold for less than their previous selling price. The median number of days those homes were listed on Zillow was 182.
So does this reflect what local real estate experts are seeing? Joining us to discuss that question and more about home sales in Chicago are Alby Gallun, senior reporter with Crain's Chicago Business, and realtor John Irwin with Baird and Warner.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 13 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines under way
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary 49 min ago
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- 7 in :77
11 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
13 min ago