NewsViews: Election 2012
November 4, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- With Election Day imminent, the presidential race is extremely tight. President Barack Obama and Republican Mitt Romney are in an all-out sprint to the finish line after campaigning came to a halt last week during Superstorm Sandy.
The candidates are focused on several swing states that will play a key role in determining the winner.
In the Chicago area, there are three closely watched congressional races that could help determine the balance of power in Congress.
The election season has been long, in some cases very ugly, and certainly very expensive.
So how is all of this playing out with voters? On this edition of NewsViews, we're with ABC7 political analyst Laura Washington and Kerry Lester, a political writer with The Daily Herald.
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes 16 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 21 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
21 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park...
16 min ago