NewsViews: Election 2012
November 4, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- With Election Day imminent, the presidential race is extremely tight. President Barack Obama and Republican Mitt Romney are in an all-out sprint to the finish line after campaigning came to a halt last week during Superstorm Sandy.
The candidates are focused on several swing states that will play a key role in determining the winner.
In the Chicago area, there are three closely watched congressional races that could help determine the balance of power in Congress.
The election season has been long, in some cases very ugly, and certainly very expensive.
So how is all of this playing out with voters? On this edition of NewsViews, we're with ABC7 political analyst Laura Washington and Kerry Lester, a political writer with The Daily Herald.
- Oklahoma tornadoes strike- again 32 min ago
- Church van crash kills 5 in Vandalia, Illinois
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- United Dreamliner 787 lands at O'Hare
- Photos: Reported fatal church van crash in...
- School closings march protests CPS consolidations
- Mixed reviews for Red Line Reconstruction rush hour
- GrubHub merges with NY-based Seamless North America 28 min ago
- Tinley Park man charged with carjacking ex-wife
- Burned body found inside Avondale dumpster
- Man accused of sexually assaulting, abusing teen girls
- 'Jammin' at the Zoo' concerts announced
- School shooting remembered 25 years later
- Lunch Break
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos