NewsViews: President Obama's Second Term Agenda
December 30, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- On January 21st, 2013, President Barack Obama will be sworn in for his second term.
We've already seen that the president will make gun control a big priority, saying after the school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, that he would use "all the powers of this office" to help prevent another such tragedy. He began by putting Vice President Joe Biden in charge of a task force looking at ways to prevent gun violence.
But what else is likely to be on the president's agenda?
Joining us to discuss this question on this edition of NewsViews: ABC7 political analyst Laura Washington and professor Paul Green, chairman of the political science department at Roosevelt University.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow 40 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder 47 min ago
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 37 min ago
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island 58 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps 56 min ago
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
37 min ago
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of...
40 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010...
47 min ago
- Missing Malaysia plane had Iranian asylum...
43 min ago