NewsViews: President Obama's Second Term Agenda
December 30, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- On January 21st, 2013, President Barack Obama will be sworn in for his second term.
We've already seen that the president will make gun control a big priority, saying after the school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, that he would use "all the powers of this office" to help prevent another such tragedy. He began by putting Vice President Joe Biden in charge of a task force looking at ways to prevent gun violence.
But what else is likely to be on the president's agenda?
Joining us to discuss this question on this edition of NewsViews: ABC7 political analyst Laura Washington and professor Paul Green, chairman of the political science department at Roosevelt University.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home