Newsviews: Cardinal George and the resignation of Pope Benedict XVI
February 24, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Pope Benedict XVI will step down from the papacy on Thursday, his declining health given as the reason. That means Chicago's Roman Catholic archbishop, Francis Cardinal George, is heading to Rome this week as well.
It's Cardinal George's job as one of the 117 cardinals eligible to cast his vote for who the next pope should be.
On this edition of NewsViews: Alan Krashesky's one-on-one interview with Cardinal George as he prepares for the highest calling of his role as a cardinal, entering the secret conclave. It's his second time as a cardinal to do so.
newsviews, alan krashesky
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead in fire at Woodstock residence
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- 'Shady Bandit' suspected in North Side bank robbery
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- Jewel-Osco buys 5 former Dominick's stores
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant