Newsviews: Chicago School Closings
April 7, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- News that 54 Chicago Public Schools could be closed has sparked protests from parents, students and teachers.
This week on Newsviews, we'll talk about possible impacts with Chicago sociology professor Stephanie Farmer who is a part of a group of professors specializing in education research. Board of Education member Andrea Zopp will discuss how CPS plans to deal with these concerns.
For more information on the public hearings about the closings click here
newsviews, alan krashesky
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs 1 min ago
- No $344M jackpot winners on 12/10/13 5 min ago
- What electronics will be under your tree?
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 2 min ago
- EB 80/94 closed at Cline by multi-vehicle crash 30 min ago
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant
- Frozen hydrants hamper CFD firefighters
- Skokie fire lights up sky
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
2 min ago
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city,...
1 min ago