NewsViews: Chicago Biking with Divvy bike-sharing program, bike lane expansion, Bike Week
June 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Our guest this week is Gabe Klein, commissioner of the Chicago Dept. of Transportation, who discusses Divvy, the new bike-sharing program, plans for more dedicated bike lanes, and the upcoming Bike Week Chicago.
Also discussed is the fact that Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel wants to give cyclists increased privileges while also facing increased penalties for violations.
So, can the city make it so drivers and cyclists can safely share the streets?
newsviews, ravi baichwal
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student 35 min ago
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Gay marriage at center of 81st District GOP race 30 min ago
- CTA: Ventra cards only possible by end of March
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits 1 min ago