August 12, 2013 (WLS) -- A new report out this week finds that every three minutes a child is seen at an emergency room for a concussion suffered while playing sports.
Concerns have come to light recently about potential long-term effects of concussions.
The state of Illinois has a policy for handling athletes who may have or do have concussions that became effective in July 2011. Kurt Gibson, the associate executive director of the Illinois High School Association, is among our guests for Newsviews.
newsviews, ravi baichwal
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park 5 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released 10 min ago
- California earthquake centered in Eureka measures 6.9 magnitude
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds