August 12, 2013 (WLS) -- A new report out this week finds that every three minutes a child is seen at an emergency room for a concussion suffered while playing sports.
Concerns have come to light recently about potential long-term effects of concussions.
The state of Illinois has a policy for handling athletes who may have or do have concussions that became effective in July 2011. Kurt Gibson, the associate executive director of the Illinois High School Association, is among our guests for Newsviews.
newsviews, ravi baichwal
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs 19 min ago
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun to Elgin school 2 min ago
- Block 37 developer indicted on federal fraud charges 35 min ago
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- No retrial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice 42 min ago
- Rally held to support CTA program that helps ex-convicts 52 min ago
- Metra Rock Island train hits car on South Side
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- Victim ID'd in Logan Square shooting 21 min ago
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton
- abcnews: 911 calls in Jameis Winston case
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun...
2 min ago
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
19 min ago
- No retrial for alleged CPD torture victim...
42 min ago