Orange County News
Tributes held for slain Irvine couple
IRVINE, Calif. -- Police are still seeking the killers of a newly engaged couple murdered in their car in Irvine Sunday. Tributes have been held for the victims in Irvine.
The Concordia University Eagles shared a moment of silence before their home game in Irvine to remember former basketball players Keith Lawrence and Monica Quan. They met at Concordia nearly six years ago and just last month announced their engagement.
"They were a perfect match, they would have had a great marriage and family and it's a tragedy that got cut short," said Ken Ammann, Concordia men's basketball head coach.
Lawrence was 27 and Quan was 28. They were found shot to death in their car at their Irvine apartment complex Sunday night. Police continue to search for their killer or killers.
"It's probably one of the hardest parts of this, just everyone trying to make sense of it all. There are just so many lives that they've touched and connected with and so there are a lot of hurting people out there right now," said Jenny Hansen, Concordia women's basketball head coach.
Lawrence was a standout player on the school's basketball team.
Quan stood 5 feet 5 inches tall. She played guard and was among the team leaders for three-point field goals.
Quan was in her second year as assistant coach of women's basketball at Cal State Fullerton.
Lawrence recently started a job as a USC patrol officer.
Investigators do not have a suspect description or motive. Anyone with information was asked to call Irvine Police at (949) 724-7000.
body found, shooting, murder, homicide investigation, orange county news, eileen frere
- Snow falls as shoppers brave cold temps 24 min ago
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- ON DEMAND: ABC 7 Chicago's 'Heart and Soul'
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash 41 min ago
- Young singer with autism releases inspirational song
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- Astor House tenants face eviction
- Cancer patient without heat after power shut off
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Ran Hotel With Grilling Area
- Snow falls as shoppers brave cold temps
24 min ago