San Francisco News
Woman critically injured after being struck by SUV
SAN FRANCISCO -- A woman was critically injured when she was struck by an SUV near San Francisco's Crocker Amazon Playground on Monday evening, police said Tuesday.
The 56-year-old woman was hit by a GMC Yukon while she was crossing the street in a crosswalk at Geneva Avenue and Prague Street shortly before 7:30 p.m., according to police.
She suffered head injuries that are considered life-threatening and was taken to San Francisco General Hospital for treatment, police said.
The driver of the Yukon stayed at the scene, cooperated with investigators and has not been arrested, police spokesman Sgt. Dennis Toomer said.
The collision remains under investigation, Toomer said.
pedestrian struck, crash, san francisco news
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour standoff
- Young girl found dead in Riverdale 1 min ago
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket matchups set
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- KevinTrudeau to be sentenced in federal court
- Toddler reported missing on South Side
- Person hit by train in Grayslake, Metra affected
- Semi rolls over at I-80 in Country Club Hills
- 2 found dead in Michigan City shooting
- St. Patrick's Day 2014 parades proceed amid tension over gays
- Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge seeks perfect NCAA guesses
- NIT 2014 bracket puts Illini as No. 2 seed
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Fred Phelps, of Westboro Baptist Church, suffers health issues
- 7 in :77
- Young girl found dead in Riverdale
1 min ago