San Francisco News
Woman critically injured after being struck by SUV
SAN FRANCISCO -- A woman was critically injured when she was struck by an SUV near San Francisco's Crocker Amazon Playground on Monday evening, police said Tuesday.
The 56-year-old woman was hit by a GMC Yukon while she was crossing the street in a crosswalk at Geneva Avenue and Prague Street shortly before 7:30 p.m., according to police.
She suffered head injuries that are considered life-threatening and was taken to San Francisco General Hospital for treatment, police said.
The driver of the Yukon stayed at the scene, cooperated with investigators and has not been arrested, police spokesman Sgt. Dennis Toomer said.
The collision remains under investigation, Toomer said.
pedestrian struck, crash, san francisco news
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn; no winner
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10 7 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Couple injured after van lands in Huntley creek 19 min ago
- Cops: Drunk ambulance driver caused Uptown crash
- Sen. Kirk released after gall bladder surgery
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Attempted child abduction on Chicago's Southwest Side
- Barrington Hills school bus crashes with snow plow
- EB 80/94 reopens at Cline after multi-vehicle crash
- DiGiorno pizza drops Wisconsin dairy farm over cow abuse video
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- I-Team Thursday at 10
7 min ago