San Francisco News
San Francisco preps for marathon with Boston in mind
This Sunday marks the 36th running of the San Francisco Marathon and runners have come in from all over the country and the world to compete.
Hundreds of San Francisco Marathon runners lined up to register at the Concourse Exhibition Center on 8th Street. Many runners told ABC7 News they're not worried about their safety during this race following the attacks that took place at the finish line of the Boston Marathon.
Organizers say they expect about 24,000 runners this Sunday. The race starts on Mission Street and The Embarcadero.
No parking signs are already up in the area, prohibiting parking beginning at 11 p.m. Friday night.
boston bombings, embarcadero, san francisco news
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago corruption charges
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation