San Francisco News
San Francisco Marathon runners asked to arrive early
SAN FRANCISCO -- Runners in Sunday's San Francisco Marathon are being asked to arrive 30 to 45 minutes early because of security.
In response to the Boston Marathon bombings, there will be additional security officers and police. Bags will also be inspected near the start.
The marathon will start with the top runners at the Ferry Building at 5:30 a.m. The course weaves through the city, across the Golden Gate Bridge, and back to the Embarcadero near Mission for the finish line.
Road closures will begin Saturday at midnight and remain in place through Sunday afternoon.
boston bombings, embarcadero, san francisco news
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes 49 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77