San Francisco News
San Francisco Marathon runners asked to arrive early
SAN FRANCISCO -- Runners in Sunday's San Francisco Marathon are being asked to arrive 30 to 45 minutes early because of security.
In response to the Boston Marathon bombings, there will be additional security officers and police. Bags will also be inspected near the start.
The marathon will start with the top runners at the Ferry Building at 5:30 a.m. The course weaves through the city, across the Golden Gate Bridge, and back to the Embarcadero near Mission for the finish line.
Road closures will begin Saturday at midnight and remain in place through Sunday afternoon.
boston bombings, embarcadero, san francisco news
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash 32 min ago
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley 49 min ago
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT 8 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5 39 min ago
- New storm warning systems help save lives
- Illinois mumps outbreak puts health officials on alert
- CFD rescues elderly man from Roseland house fire
- Carol Stream man found guilty of child sex abuse
- Missing Aurora teen mom, baby girl found safe
- Pitbull added to Illinois State Fair lineup
- Car crashes into Richton Park currency exchange
- CTA suing taggers, parents for graffiti cleanup
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- Spring Tech Gadgets
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos