San Francisco News
New Muni bus malfunctions at news conference
SAN FRANCISCO -- An event intended to unveil dozens of new San Francisco Municipal Railway buses today hit a snag when one of the buses malfunctioned.
Mayor Ed Lee and other city officials were on the new bus waiting to be taken to City Hall after a news conference at Pier 48 near AT&T Park when the mishap occurred.
The bus could not be driven away, and the mayor and the rest of the group had to be ushered onto another bus. Muni spokesman Paul Rose said it appears there was an issue with the bus' hydraulic system.
The vehicles are part of a fleet of 62 new biodiesel-electric hybrid buses being introduced into the Muni system, which has not had any new buses since 2007, agency officials said.
ed lee, muni, transportation, san francisco news
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet 11 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 28 min ago
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 9 min ago
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event 8 min ago
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
9 min ago
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing...
11 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift...
28 min ago
- Rare Tea Cellar stocks one-of-a-kind products
17 min ago